jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ObjectPersistenceManager vs SimpleDbPersistenceManager
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 19:50:30 GMT
On 8/7/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I did just now give the bundle Persistence manager a shot and it did not resolve my sql
query per node problem.

> Thanks again!

Is this related to your initial N+1 queries problem? Are you saying
the the bundle PMs are behaving the same?

thanks,
./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

> Phillip

2+ sql queries for each node as I iterator through the NodeIterator.  This does not scale
well for me.

> I am considering switching my workspace to use the ObjectPersistenceManager .  I understand
it is not reliable as the SimpleDbPersistenceManager, but since I won't be issuing 400+ database
queries, I hope the performance for my application will improve.

> Am I risking the entire repository becoming corrupt, or just a few nodes becoming corrupt?
 I don't mind a few nodes becoming corrupt, but if the entire repo can become corrupt if the
repository is killed, I would appreciate knowing this!