jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen More" <stephen.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataSource enabled in org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem ?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:39:22 GMT
I found a problem, their is a bad link on the website:
Browse current Jackrabbit API: http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/index.html

There is no "JNDIDatabaseFileSystem" there for 1.0. I now see the
JNDIDatabaseFileSystem is in version 1.3. I'll submit a JIRA site
issue.

Why can you not use commons-dbcp to create a pool and create a JNDI
Datasource that would be used by JNDIDatabaseFilesystem ?

-Steve

On 8/1/07, nick_stolwijk@planet.nl <nick_stolwijk@planet.nl> wrote:
> As far as I know the default database filesystems cannot do this. However, the JNDIDatabaseFilesystem
accepts a DataSource through JNDI to get a Connection. (No pooling however)

> For the PersistenceManager we have used the PooledJNDIDatabasePersistenceManager from
Iorga group, which takes advantage of a Datasource and thus connectionpooling. I don't know
whether they have written a filesystem. Their code is found at [1]. However, the version currently
online has a bug and soon they will provide a new one. For the solution, see the message of
Raymond Brandon earlier this day.

> I guess to implement a Pooled Filesystem you would have to rewrite the classes from Jackrabbit,
because they use Prepared statements. If you would find or program such a FileSystem I would
be interested.