jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Steven Huey <Steven.H...@sparta.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 1.3.1, Java 1.6.0_02, & JCR-912
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:57:22 GMT
Hello,

I've been suffering from the issue in JCR-912:

that others have described on the list. My interim solution was to
use Java 5 instead of 6, however I need to get our code running on 6.
I upgraded to Jackrabbit 1.3.1 and am still getting errors like:

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The repository home /opt/jcr/
repository appears to be in use since the file named .lock is already
locked by the current process.

Here's an overview of our configuration:

- CentOS 5
- Tomcat 6.0.13
- Java 1.6.0_02
- Jackrabbit 1.3.1
- MySQL 5.0.22 with SimpleDbPersistenceManager

We use a Model 2 configuration with the JNDI resource defined in the
META-INF/context.xml file as:

     <Resource name="jcr/wcm"
               auth="Container"
               type="javax.jcr.Repository"

factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory"
               configFilePath="/opt/jcr/repository.xml"
               repHomeDir="/opt/jcr/repository"/>

The method we use to retrieve the Repository instance from JNDI looks
like:

     public static Repository getJCR(final String name) throws
NamingException {
         InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
         Context environment = (Context) context.lookup("java:comp/
env");
         Repository repository = (Repository) environment.lookup(name);

         return repository;
     }

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Steven Huey

--

Steven Huey