jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: jcr observation event after node/prop has been indexed
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:16:10 GMT

> Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> > You did understand me correct and I am glad it works the
> way you describe it.
> > I got the wrong impression, because after a session.save()
> I got almost
> > instant events (in unit tests), while I though that if they
> would be sent
> > after the indexing, I would have to wait for around 1 sec
> before the index
> > queue runs (or...is this different in the tests? that the
> indexing runs
> > synchronous?).
> my previous post wasn't precise actually. For performance
> reasons changes are
> not immediately indexed but put into a queue, which probably
> explains why you
> are surprised about the responsiveness. however the query
> handler ensures that
> changes are incorporated into queries at any point after
> session.save().

So if I understand correctly, I get an event about a node added, while it might be still in
the index queue. When I query directly after the event, it is though garantueed by the query
handler, that queue items are represented in the query result? Does this mean, that before
the query is executed, if the queue contains items, these are first indexed?

Regards Ard

> if you refer to the observation unit tests with the timeouts,
> those are
> necessary because in case of a failure we want the test to
> proceed and not wait
> endlessly.
> regards
>   marcel