jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: jcr observation event after node/prop has been indexed
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:25:28 GMT

> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand your question because in Jackrabbit regular
> EventListener are always called after the content is indexed.
> I wrote 'regular'
> because you can also register a listener that implements
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.SynchronousEventListene
> r, in which case
> the listener might be called before content is indexed. the
> QueryHandler itself
> gets notified about changes using a SynchronousEventListener.

You did understand me correct and I am glad it works the way you describe it. I got the wrong
impression, because after a session.save() I got almost instant events (in unit tests), while
I though that if they would be sent after the indexing, I would have to wait for around 1
sec before the index queue runs (or...is this different in the tests? that the indexing runs
synchronous?). But I probably just draw the wrong conclusion (I did not check the code, it
was based on my assumption)

Anyway, I am obviously fine with the way it works

Thanks,

Ard