jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nandana Mihindukulasooriya" <nandana....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Observation
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:59:24 GMT
Hi Marcel,
  Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

this depends on the configuration. with the default configuration,
> jackrabbit
> simply allows everyone to login and modify anything.

How can we edit the configuration to specify those details ? I don't need
that at the moment in my app but was wondering as those details under
Security Configuration and Access Managers sections couldn't be found in the
configuring Jackrabbit page yet.

In my app, I use
Session session = repository.login(new
SimpleCredentials("username","password".toCharArray()));
to initiate a session. Does this "username" and "password" is used in
Jackrabbit ? If then, for what purpose ?

> I guess the workaround is to manually check the node type of the added
node and
> react accordingly.

So I am doing a check for primary type of the Node as given below. Is there
a more efficient way to do this ?

   String path =  event.getPath();
   // Removing the initial '/'  to  make a  relative  path
   path = path.substring(1, path.length());
   Node eventNode = rootNode.getNode(path);
   if ( eventNode.getPrimaryNodeType().getName().equals("blog:comment")) {
   }

Thanks once again,
Nandana