jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From paksegu <paks...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: David's Model: A guide for blissful content modeling
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:19:59 GMT
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

David Nuescheler <david@day.com> wrote:  Hi,

thanks for sharing the content model.

from my perspective i think the separate workspaces are not justified:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel#head-ca639e0ee110b80e8277a50f9b9de092b5d86427

... and personally i would not separate "by type" in the hierarchy.
(or at least not at a root level). i would propose a hierarchy in single
workspace that looks roughly like this...

/artists/david/myproject1/folders

/artists/david/myproject1/folders/a-song.txt
/artists/david/myproject1/folders/a-song.mp3

i would probably use the jcr:mimeType property or an extension
of the nt:resource mimetype to tell your resources apart.

regards,
david

On 8/7/07, paksegu
wrote:
> Hi,
> After reviewing "David's Model: A guide for blissful content modeling" what comments
and advice can you offer on this approach?

> https://www.dev.java.net/files/documents/4363/44912/SerenadeRepository.pdf
>
> Thanks
>

> Ransford Segu-Baffoe
>
> paksegu@yahoo.com