jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ItemNotFoundException: Orphaned item
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:43:17 GMT
On 8/30/07, Jacco van Weert <1111software@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stefan
>

> > well, this should never happen ;-)
>
>  please provide more information about your
> > setup, configuration, deployment, any custom extensions, usage pattern of
> > javax.jcr.Session, etc.
>

> Well, I think nothing really special;
>
> I use Jackrabbit 1.3.1 with Java 1.6.0_02 (Linux).
> I have a servlet application which uses the TransientRepository. There is
> one "admin" session which is used for e.g. expiring objects and every
> incoming call has it's own Session.

is the 'admin' session possibly shared among multiple threads?

> I have a concurrent thread problem in which sometimes the "admin" session
> wants to remove a node which has been changed but not saved giving me the
> "the item cannot be saved because it has been modified externally." error.
> I am already working on a solution for my thread problem, I suspect that one
> of these errors resulted in the "orphaned item" error.

as long as the concurrent threads use separate sessions each this
shouldn't be a problem.

> I have no extensions (except for the extractor). I do have my own
> AccesManager.

does your AccesManager access the repository (i.e. read nodes/properties)?

what persistence manager are you using?

does more than one node cause the above mentioned exception?
are you able to read the said node(s) by calling Session#getNodeByUuid()?

the exception actually refers to a node that has a 'null' parentId.
what jcr call
does cause the exception, i mean how do you access the affected node
in the first place?