jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit 1.3.1 pathnotfound exception on node.getNode(String path) with "path" retrieved from node
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:24:00 GMT
On 8/23/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> done:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1082
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1082

excellent!

thanks
stefan

>
>
> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > On 8/23/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I provided a failing JUnit test and my repository.xml.
> >>
> >> Done some further debugging and think the problem is in the
> >> synchronization
> >> between cache and transientstore.
> >> When I retrieve a childnode when I just made its parent node transient
> >> (by
> >> removing a prop or something), it will not be added to the cache. When I
> >> then remove this node, its nodeid is not removed from cache since its
> >> stateId wasn't saved in the cache.
> >> After that I add the node again with the same path. When I now try the
> >> retrieve this node, I get a path not found exception. I see that by
> >> retrieving it, its nodeit is resolved from the cache by the path. Only
> >> since
> >> the removed node was not removed from cache it returns the nodeid of the
> >> removed node. There is no node present with this id in the transientstore
> >> and therefor it throws a pathnotfoundexception.
> >
> > ok, this seems to be a CachingHierarchyManager issue (sorry, dominique ;).
> > could you please create a jira issue and attach the test case?
> >
> > thanks
> > stefan
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> >> >
> >> > On 8/17/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> I was indeed using the BundleDBPersistenceManager. I have now tried
to
> >> >> switch
> >> >> to the DerbyPersistenceManager. I am not getting the
> >> >> pathnotfoundexception
> >> >> anymore. I now get a NoSuchItemStateException when I try to read a
> >> child
> >> >> node ("C") that I have added to node "B". Also with
> >> >> session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToC). In this case I also see the
> >> node
> >> >> C
> >> >> when using
> >> session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToB).getNodes().nextNode().
> >> >> So
> >> >> a problem still exists, it only seems to occur on a node deeper in
the
> >> >> hierarchy.
> >> >
> >> > please create a jira issue and include your configuration and a simple
> >> > test case for reproducing the issue.
> >> >
> >> > thanks
> >> > stefan
> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> > On 8/16/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Hi,
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I tried to upgrade from jackrabbit 1.1.1 to 1.3.1 but find
my code
> >> >> >> failing
> >> >> >> with this new version.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> The following problem occurs.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> In general I do something like this, all actions on the same
> >> Session
> >> >> >> object.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Node a = session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToA);
> >> >> >> a.addNode(b);
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> //do some other things
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Node b = session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToB);
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> This last line gives me a pathnotfoundexception
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> But when I try to do the following on the same session:
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Node a = session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToA);
> >> >> >> String testPathToB = a.getNodes().nextNode().getPath();
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I see that testPathToB is the same as pathToB only differing
in the
> >> >> >> leading
> >> >> >> slash as expected.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I am not always getting this pathnotfoundexception, but I
am not
> >> able
> >> >> to
> >> >> >> find a pattern in this.
> >> >> >> Can anyone tell me why I get this pathnotfoundexception on
this
> >> >> getNode
> >> >> >> method when I know it exists, and the same code doesn't fail
on
> >> >> >> JackRabbit
> >> >> >> 1.1.1
> >> >> >
> >> >> > there's been a similar issue with BundleDbPersistenceManager.
> >> >> > what persistence manager are you using? anyhing special about
your
> >> >> config?
> >> >> >
> >> >> > cheers
> >> >> > stefan
> >> >> >
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> --
> >> >> >> View this message in context:
> >> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> http://www.nabble.com/jackrabbit-1.3.1-pathnotfound-exception-on-node.getNode%28String-path%29-with-%22path%22-retrieved-from-node-tf4280369.html#a12183538
> >> >> >> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at
> >> Nabble.com.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> View this message in context:
> >> >>
> >> http://www.nabble.com/jackrabbit-1.3.1-pathnotfound-exception-on-node.getNode%28String-path%29-with-%22path%22-retrieved-from-node-tf4280369.html#a12202391
> >> >> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12294872/TransientStoreOutOfSyncWithCacheTest.java
> >> TransientStoreOutOfSyncWithCacheTest.java
> >> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12294872/repository.xml repository.xml
> >> --
> >> View this message in context:
> >> http://www.nabble.com/jackrabbit-1.3.1-pathnotfound-exception-on-node.getNode%28String-path%29-with-%22path%22-retrieved-from-node-tf4280369.html#a12294872
> >> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/jackrabbit-1.3.1-pathnotfound-exception-on-node.getNode%28String-path%29-with-%22path%22-retrieved-from-node-tf4280369.html#a12296651
> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
View raw message