jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit 1.3.1 pathnotfound exception on node.getNode(String path) with "path" retrieved from node
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:31:54 GMT
hi,

On 8/23/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I provided a failing JUnit test and my repository.xml.
>
> Done some further debugging and think the problem is in the synchronization
> between cache and transientstore.
> When I retrieve a childnode when I just made its parent node transient (by
> removing a prop or something), it will not be added to the cache. When I
> then remove this node, its nodeid is not removed from cache since its
> stateId wasn't saved in the cache.
> After that I add the node again with the same path. When I now try the
> retrieve this node, I get a path not found exception. I see that by
> retrieving it, its nodeit is resolved from the cache by the path. Only since
> the removed node was not removed from cache it returns the nodeid of the
> removed node. There is no node present with this id in the transientstore
> and therefor it throws a pathnotfoundexception.

ok, this seems to be a CachingHierarchyManager issue (sorry, dominique ;).
could you please create a jira issue and attach the test case?

thanks
stefan

>
>
> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> >
> > On 8/17/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I was indeed using the BundleDBPersistenceManager. I have now tried to
> >> switch
> >> to the DerbyPersistenceManager. I am not getting the
> >> pathnotfoundexception
> >> anymore. I now get a NoSuchItemStateException when I try to read a child
> >> node ("C") that I have added to node "B". Also with
> >> session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToC). In this case I also see the node
> >> C
> >> when using session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToB).getNodes().nextNode().
> >> So
> >> a problem still exists, it only seems to occur on a node deeper in the
> >> hierarchy.
> >
> > please create a jira issue and include your configuration and a simple
> > test case for reproducing the issue.
> >
> > thanks
> > stefan
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> >> >
> >> > On 8/16/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> Hi,
> >> >>
> >> >> I tried to upgrade from jackrabbit 1.1.1 to 1.3.1 but find my code
> >> >> failing
> >> >> with this new version.
> >> >>
> >> >> The following problem occurs.
> >> >>
> >> >> In general I do something like this, all actions on the same Session
> >> >> object.
> >> >>
> >> >> Node a = session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToA);
> >> >> a.addNode(b);
> >> >>
> >> >> //do some other things
> >> >>
> >> >> Node b = session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToB);
> >> >>
> >> >> This last line gives me a pathnotfoundexception
> >> >>
> >> >> But when I try to do the following on the same session:
> >> >>
> >> >> Node a = session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToA);
> >> >> String testPathToB = a.getNodes().nextNode().getPath();
> >> >>
> >> >> I see that testPathToB is the same as pathToB only differing in the
> >> >> leading
> >> >> slash as expected.
> >> >>
> >> >> I am not always getting this pathnotfoundexception, but I am not able
> >> to
> >> >> find a pattern in this.
> >> >> Can anyone tell me why I get this pathnotfoundexception on this
> >> getNode
> >> >> method when I know it exists, and the same code doesn't fail on
> >> >> JackRabbit
> >> >> 1.1.1
> >> >
> >> > there's been a similar issue with BundleDbPersistenceManager.
> >> > what persistence manager are you using? anyhing special about your
> >> config?
> >> >
> >> > cheers
> >> > stefan
> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> View this message in context:
> >> >>
> >> http://www.nabble.com/jackrabbit-1.3.1-pathnotfound-exception-on-node.getNode%28String-path%29-with-%22path%22-retrieved-from-node-tf4280369.html#a12183538
> >> >> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> --
> >> View this message in context:
> >> http://www.nabble.com/jackrabbit-1.3.1-pathnotfound-exception-on-node.getNode%28String-path%29-with-%22path%22-retrieved-from-node-tf4280369.html#a12202391
> >> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12294872/TransientStoreOutOfSyncWithCacheTest.java
> TransientStoreOutOfSyncWithCacheTest.java
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p12294872/repository.xml repository.xml
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/jackrabbit-1.3.1-pathnotfound-exception-on-node.getNode%28String-path%29-with-%22path%22-retrieved-from-node-tf4280369.html#a12294872
> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
View raw message