jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: configure multiple workspaces
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:19:04 GMT
On 8/17/07, bilobag <bilobag@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I need to set up multiple workspaces for my application.  I put 2 <workspace>
> configurations in my repository.xml file.  I am using spring, so I
> configured 2 different JackrabbitSessionFactory objects each with a
> different workspaceName property.  Now before when i only had one workspace,
> my app would create the repository automatically on startup.  However now
> that i have 2, it does not create the new workspace.  Is this normal
> behavior?  Is there a way I can configure 2 workspaces to automatically be
> created on startup?

you can't configure existing workspaces with just the repository.xml.
the 'workspace' element serves as a template only. for more information
see http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/repository-1.2.dtd.

existing workspaces are configured through individual workspace.xml files
which are created by the repository, usually at
<rep.home>/workspaces/<wsp.name>/workspace.xml, based on the
template.

so you could indirectly create a new workspace by placing the correct
workspace.xml file at the correct location. however, that's a workaround
that might not work in future releases.

cheers
stefan