jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ItemManager "invalid definitionId" error in clustered environment
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:55:47 GMT
hi shaun

On 8/8/07, sbarriba <sbarriba@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are seeing the following WARN generated by JackRabbit on one of the
> JackRabbit cluster nodes [Slave Tomcat Node]. Note that this node received
> all updates via the clustering events e.g. another node [Master Tomcat Node]
> includes the editing interface.
>

> 08 Aug 2007 09:18:53,347 WARN  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager  -
> node at [path] has invalid definitionId (329521676)
>

> We stopped the node [Slave Tomcat Node], re-synched the filesystem and
> restarted it and the above WARN is still generated.
>

> Any comments on what this means, or how to resolve?

the warning indicates that the specified node refers to a (node type)
child node
definition which can't be found in the node type registry.

definition id's are computed based on the definition's attributes, see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/NodeDefImpl.html#getId()

either your content (nodes/properties) seem to be out of sync with the node type
registry or node type definitions have been manually edited.

it's not a serious issue (hence only a warning) but certainly worth further
investigations.

cheers
stefan