jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding new node types
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:04:23 GMT
On 8/1/07, Krenn, Christian <christian.krenn@bearingpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I had the same problem. There is something that the jackrabbit devs use
> for unit tests. It's in the -> repository/nodetypes. There you have to
> put a file called custom_nodetypes.xml. in the jackrabbit.core.nodetypes
> there is a file called builtin_nodetypes.xml, which you can use as
> template.
> You have also to put a new entry to
> repository/namespace/ns_reg.properties.

note that those files are *not* meant to be user-manipulated. they are
jackrabbit-internal system files. by manually editing those you
may risk data loss/corruption.

see e.g.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/2374/focus=2418
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/536/focus=539
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/659/focus=664

cheers
stefan

> So you needn't to do the registry everytime on the clientside because
> it's automatically done on server startup.
>
> bye

this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.