jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Bologna <alessandro.bolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clearing WorkspaceInfo ItemStateManager
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:25:54 GMT
Actually clustering works because multiple repositories *are* writing
to the same database. When one repository writes into it, the others
are notified via the journal, and pick up the changes from the
database and index them in their local indexes.

Alessandro

On Aug 2, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Nick Stolwijk wrote:

> I have considered clustering, but I thought it would go horrible
> wrong. If multiple repositories in a cluster starts writing to the
> same database, I guess bad things happen.
>
> To clearify, multiple applications starts their own repository with
> the same database behind it. If you write to one of the
> repositories, it gets written into the database. If you cluster the
> repositories, the other repositories also wants to write to the
> same database.
>
> I could be wrong, but I guess that would go wrong. :)
>
> With regards,
>
> Nick Stolwijk
>
> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
>> On 8/2/07, Nick Stolwijk <nick_stolwijk@planet.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> I've got a problem with multiple repositories that are reading
>>> from one
>>> database. This was going well, because there was no writing to the
>>> repositories (so read only data). Now, one of the repositories is