jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Peeter Piegaze" <peeter.pieg...@day.com>
Subject Re: listeners and multiple event notification
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:05:09 GMT
Hi Mark,

You're right about that. As you point out it is essentially optional
for a repository to report the removal of all subnodes in a removed
tree. Obviously this was done because the potential performance hit.

In JSR 283 we are re-writing the observation section and considering
expanding the vocabulary of  event types to be more semantically
meaningful (e.g., a "move" instead of the disconnected "remove" plus
"add") Maybe there is room to address this issue as well.

You can get the current draft here:

http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pr/jsr283/

And send comments here:

jsr-283-comments@jcp.org