jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Peeter Piegaze" <peeter.pieg...@day.com>
Subject Re: Versioning
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:51:40 GMT
Hi Ishai,

On 8/14/07, Ishai Borovoy <ishaiborovoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We need to implement versioning module. I have some question about it:
>
> (Our jackrabbit version is 1.3.1)
>
> 1. Can we set the label (custom label)in checkin?
No, setting and changing a label is done though the
VersionHistory.addVersionLabel and VersionHistory.removeVersionLabel
methods. Thes methods take an existing version name and therefore that
version must already exist in the VH.

> 2. Can we force in some case changes in one version to influence (update)
> other versions?
I'm not sure exacly what you mean here.

> 3. Is there any performance issues to work with versions (for example
> indexing)?
> 4. What is the main differences between JSR-170 and JSR-283?
283 is not finalized but the current draft does include some new
features around versioning, but it does not introduce incompatible
changes. The public review draft of 283 is available here:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pr/jsr283/

If you are interested you can read it and send comments to the address
listed on that page

Cheers,
Peeter

> Thanks,