jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Waschkowski" <mwaschkow...@gmail.com>
Subject blobs
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:57:28 GMT
Hi,

I noticed the thread below which talks about blobs being copied to the local
file system unnecessarily when using DbFileSystem, and since the system I'm
working on will be using blobs frequently and (you guessed it) uses
DbFileSystem, I was concerned:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@jackrabbit.apache.org/msg01758.html

Jukka had mentioned:
"Unfortunately currently only file system based blob stores avoid this
copying."

Since loading of blobs can be a time consuming operation, would it be
worthwhile creating a Jira issue about optimizing the copying when using
DbFileSystem, or will be fixed as part of the patch
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-926 ?

Thanks,

Mark