jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ObjectPersistenceManager vs SimpleDbPersistenceManager
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:47:30 GMT
Hi,

I suggest to use a Bundle Database Persistence Manager, for example:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager
... or another database. The advantages are:

- More stable than ObjectPersistenceManager
- Faster than SimpleDbPersistenceManager

Thomas

On 8/7/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I did some debugging for my performance problems with SimpleDbPersistenceManager.
> I ran SimpleDbPersistenceManager with jdbclogger and found that Jackrabbit will issue
2+ sql queries for each node as I iterator through the NodeIterator.  This does not scale
well for me.

> I am considering switching my workspace to use the ObjectPersistenceManager .  I understand
it is not reliable as the SimpleDbPersistenceManager, but since I won't be issuing 400+ database
queries, I hope the performance for my application will improve.

> Am I risking the entire repository becoming corrupt, or just a few nodes becoming corrupt?
 I don't mind a few nodes becoming corrupt, but if the entire repo can become corrupt if the
repository is killed, I would appreciate knowing this!