jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom TextExtractor
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:16:58 GMT
Hi,

On 8/21/07, Nick Allmaker <nick.allmaker@docenterinc.com> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to hook up an OCR engine to do full-text search
> against these images (usually TIFFs), but I'm having issues getting
> Jackrabbit to pick up my class.

Are you working with an open source OCR engine? I would be very
interested in hearing more about your solution.

> I've edited the workspace.xml to include my class in the
> textFilterClasses parameter of the SearchIndex node, added my jar to the
> classpath, deleted the index to force a re-index, and ran a very simple
> test.  Yet, when I search for the test text, I get 0 results.
>
> Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Have you checked that you've set the jcr:mimeType properties correctly
on the image nodes?

Otherwise, do you see a warning message being logged about the
extractor class not being available?

BR,

Jukka Zitting