jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: escape characters in search/query expression
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:49:09 GMT
bilobag wrote:
> I am still slightly confused by your response.  Do I correctly understand the
> rules that {', ", -, \} must be escaped by a "\"?

in a contains statement (the string literal in the contains function) the four
characters have special semantic and you must only escape them if you don't want
that special semantic to apply. See spec section 6.6.5.2 (page 111).

Once you have done that you need to make sure the string literal is properly
escaped when you use it in an XPath statement. Please carefully read
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#id-literals.

regards
  marcel