jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jcr observation event after node/prop has been indexed
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:41:49 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> You did understand me correct and I am glad it works the way you describe it.
> I got the wrong impression, because after a session.save() I got almost
> instant events (in unit tests), while I though that if they would be sent
> after the indexing, I would have to wait for around 1 sec before the index
> queue runs (or...is this different in the tests? that the indexing runs
> synchronous?).

my previous post wasn't precise actually. For performance reasons changes are
not immediately indexed but put into a queue, which probably explains why you
are surprised about the responsiveness. however the query handler ensures that
changes are incorporated into queries at any point after session.save().

if you refer to the observation unit tests with the timeouts, those are
necessary because in case of a failure we want the test to proceed and not wait
endlessly.

regards
  marcel