jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jcr observation event after node/prop has been indexed
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:56:17 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> does anybody know wether it is possible to add listeners that get an event
> *after* a node is indexed instead of added? Frequently, I am interested in an
> event that a node is added/changed/removed *after* the indexing has been
> done. A simple usecase is for example a frontend eventbased cache for
> queries/searches. Invalidating a cache before the index has been updated
> might result a in new search on the 'old' index, that stores a new eventbased
> cached result, which obviously is not the correct one (and the invalidation
> event has already been processed).
>
> So, does anybody know wether this is already present in JackRabbit?

I'm not sure I understand your question because in Jackrabbit regular
EventListener are always called after the content is indexed. I wrote 'regular'
because you can also register a listener that implements
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.SynchronousEventListener, in which case
the listener might be called before content is indexed. the QueryHandler itself
gets notified about changes using a SynchronousEventListener.

regards
  marcel