jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dan Connelly <daniel.s.conne...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Using JackRabbit for XML Structures
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:48:11 GMT
Phil:

Try placing your XML document (as jcr:data) in an nt:resource node.

"Import" assumes you want to have the JCR to access separate elements of
XML directly, as JCR nodes.   If, on the other hand, you only want to
fetch the entire XML (as a single document), then nt:resource is a more
economical solution.   You can stream the docuemnt and use XPath
to isolate the elements of interest.

BTW, JBossESB bundles Jackrabbit as its "Message Store".   If your
application is running on JBoss, upgrading to JBossESB just for its
Message Store might be an option for you, assuming you do not need a
full-blown Content Management System.  JBossESB has less functionality
but gives you a useful, supported, higher-level api for xml storage.

       -- Dan Connelly