jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:35:45 GMT
Florent Guillaume wrote:
> In JCR, there are *three* stages, the first stage being the transient
> space.
>
> 1. The data you write is transient.
> 2. You save() the transient space and it becomes the equivalent
>    of "uncommitted" in a RDB, and is taken into account in
>    searches.
>    Or you can refresh() and all *or part of* your transient changes
>    are lost (you have granularity here).

jackrabbit does not take into account saved changes that are not yet committed.
after looking up the relevant spec section again, it seems to me that the spec
is not clear about this:

6.6.7 Search Scope
"A query searches the persistent workspace associated with the current session.
It does not search any pending changes that may be recorded on the session but
not yet saved."

The first sentence implies that you have to commit before you can search your
changes. the second sentence says that you cannot search transient changes. it
doesn't really say what happens with saved, yet uncommitted changes.

regards
  marcel