jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: EventIterator order of events
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 07:28:25 GMT
Alessandro Bologna wrote:
> I did not see anything in the current specs (and I did not have a chance
> yet to review JSR-283), but is there a reason for this inversion of order?

the spec doesn't prescribe an order on the events. that is, you shouldn't rely
on a specific order.

as for jackrabbit, the order is depth-first because of this method:
SessionItemStateManager.getDescendantTransientItemStates(NodeId). However, I
don't know what the exact reasons are for that. the observation manager then
simply uses the same sequence of items to create events. It seems
counter-intuitive and I'm tempted to change the event creation logic to build
the event list in reverse order. but again, you should not rely on a specific
order in your application because it is implementation dependent.

regards
  marcel