jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nick Stolwijk <nick_stolw...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: Clearing WorkspaceInfo ItemStateManager
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:18:57 GMT
I have considered clustering, but I thought it would go horrible wrong.
If multiple repositories in a cluster starts writing to the same
database, I guess bad things happen.

To clearify, multiple applications starts their own repository with the
same database behind it. If you write to one of the repositories, it
gets written into the database. If you cluster the repositories, the
other repositories also wants to write to the same database.

I could be wrong, but I guess that would go wrong. :)

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> On 8/2/07, Nick Stolwijk <nick_stolwijk@planet.nl> wrote:
>> I've got a problem with multiple repositories that are reading from one
>> database. This was going well, because there was no writing to the
>> repositories (so read only data). Now, one of the repositories is going
>> to write to the database. Because of the ItemStateManager inside
>> Jackrabbit, the other repositories aren't picking this up. Is there some
>> way, to get to the WorkspaceInfo or ItemStateManager instance to clear
>> it once in a while?
>> With regards,
>> Nick Stolwijk
>> Ps. I know this is a not supported way of doing it. But for now, we
>> can't get the customer to run a stand alone repository, that all
>> applications can connect to.
> have you considered using jackrabbit's clustering feature?
> cheers
> stefan

View raw message