jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Bram de Kruijff" <br...@gx.nl>
Subject Easy way to migrate to externalBlobs?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:36:17 GMT
Hi,

we need to convert a JackRabbit repository using bundle
persistencemanagers to use externalBlobs. I found that simply changing
the boolean in the workspace.xml does not work resulting in IOExceptions
when the files are accessed. Maybe I was too optimistic, but it could be
a feature right?

Fortunalty, using the import/export tool from the contrib section in svn
does the trick (export with externalBlobs=false and import on a fresh
repository with externalBlobs=true), but it takes a lot of time even an
a relatively small repository. Is there an easier way I may have
overlooked?

regards,
Bram

--