jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Re: Easy way to migrate to externalBlobs?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:20:38 GMT
I am doing the exact same thing this week.

My plan for now is to:
1) Export each binary blob to the filesystem
2) Change the repo config to use external blobs
3) add the binary blob to the node again using my program and the exported files.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bram de Kruijff" <bramk@gx.nl>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:36:17 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Easy way to migrate to externalBlobs?

Hi,

we need to convert a JackRabbit repository using bundle
persistencemanagers to use externalBlobs. I found that simply changing
the boolean in the workspace.xml does not work resulting in IOExceptions
when the files are accessed. Maybe I was too optimistic, but it could be
a feature right?

Fortunalty, using the import/export tool from the contrib section in svn
does the trick (export with externalBlobs=false and import on a fresh
repository with externalBlobs=true), but it takes a lot of time even an
a relatively small repository. Is there an easier way I may have
overlooked?

regards,
Bram

--