jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Korat" <michael.ko...@hms.org>
Subject AW: Multiple jcr:deref in query
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:51:02 GMT
> does //*[jcr:contains(.,'some value')] return any result?

Yes, this query returns the nodes just fine. There might be a problem
with using multiple jcr:deref and a predicate in the same query, if the
last element before the predicate is a jcr:deref.

Here are some simplified querys, so you get an idea of what worked and
what didn't:

Empty result:
//jcr:deref()//jcr:deref()[jcr:contains(.,'someValue')]
//jcr:deref()//jdcr:deref()[@prop='someValue']

Right result:
//jcr:deref()[jcr:contains(.,'someValue')]
//jcr:deref()//jcr:deref()/element(*,
nt:base)[jcr:contains(.,'someValue']

By the way, the jackrabbit version I use is 1.3.1.

> as an alternative you can also search for the data nodes directly
> and then do the dereferencing manually using the API
> (Node.getReferences()).

I'm considering this approach, but shrinking the pool of data nodes to
search beforehand would be very desirable.

Regards
Michael