jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Hendrik Beck \(camunda\)" <hendrik.b...@camunda.com>
Subject RE: Repository Lock Problem in JEE-Environment
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:32:34 GMT
Hi Dan!

Wait, I am not 100% sure what we are talking about here. I would see it like
that:

- One instance of Jackrabbit is allowed to access the repository (i.e. the
physical storage of the repository) at a time. That's why the repository is
locked by that instance e.g. by setting the .lock file

- This instance of Jackrabbit has to be started somehow. Depending on your
deployment model (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/deploy.html) this is done
in different ways. I assumed that you use model 2 which means that
Jackrabbit is started at container startup and then registered into JNDI.

- If you now access it via JNDI you get a reference to the repository, login
into that repository and then get a session handle back. This can be done by
multiple beans / applications the same time

What deployment model do you use? Or do you start and shutdown the
repository by your own application, e.g. in your beans?