jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From astrogr...@gmx.net
Subject jackrabbit clustering
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:32:51 GMT
hi,

we have a repository which contains a lot of big binary data, we want to use clustering, and
have the following questions:

- Is there a way to configure the db connection used for the journal in a different way than
to give the jdbc connection parameters? A jndi data source would be more useful to us.
- We heard of GlobalDataStore, and that we should use it, but couldn´t find it in the source
code, we found: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-926 but this doesn´t explicitely
mention clustering, so we don´t know if this applies...
- With the clustered configuration we are limited to a db persistence manager, with the kind
of data we ingest into our system we see a huge increase in the time it takes to process them.
I think this is caused by the db persistence manager - do we REALLY have to use a db persistence
manager?
- we found that you don´t need to give a cluster id, it seems there is an algorithm to provide
individual servers with cluster ids - is this safe to use?
- versioning is still configured for the local file system, is this ok for a clustered installation?

thx for any hints!

Philipp