jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Workspaces advice
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:24:23 GMT
Hi Matthew,

> We have a portal environment in which different sites are completely
> separate.  Content for these sites is managed in a Jackrabbit
> repository.  It is important that one site can never see the content of
> another site.
> Should this be managed using workspaces (a separate workspace for each
> site), or just using the content hierarchy of a single workspace (a
> high-level root node for each site) and manage access through the
> presentation layer?
> What are the pros and cons of each method?  Does
> anyone have any similar experience?
I tried to sum up some of the reasons to use separate workspaces.

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel#head-ca639e0ee110b80e8277a50f9b9de092b5d86427

Which means that I would not recommend the use of multiple
workspaces.

I think it is important that Access Control should not be addressed
by separating content out into workspaces.
(I think I am going to update the wiki in regards to that, thanks
for the input)

Furthermore I believe that Access Control has to be taken care of by the
repository, not by the presentation or application layer.

Please let me know if that makes sense for you.

regards,
david