jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Storing and searching XML-Documents in jackrabbit
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:21:54 GMT
Hi Dan,

> To clarify my question: I am just unsure about the best way to do
> full-text searching in the xml documents, which boils down to xpath vs
> XMLTextExtractor and indexing.
...to be more more precise:

DocumentView Import vs. XML TextExtractor ?

Is that correct?
If so, my guidance would be:

If you just want to fulltext search your XML the TextExtractor is probably
sufficient and most certainly less expensive for the repository.
If you would like to access the XML documents elements (let's say modify
or version parts of the the XML documents individually) I would
recommend to import via document view.

regards,
david