jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Optimal structure
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:12:39 GMT
hi anton,

sorry for the delay.

i would be interested to understand the actual business
requirement that you are trying solve...
the hierarchy of nodes does not so much depend on property
types used, but really on how can the hierarchy be of value for
the business problem that you are trying to solve for your users.

so if you can explain a little bit more in detail what it is that your
application
does and how your users are going to use it. from a hierarchy perspective
i think it is important that you structure things as intuitively as possible
for the end user.

a good hierarchy, is self explanatory to the user of the application. so
if you end users should ever see the content hierarchy directly, they should
say: "i get it..." without any further explanations.
they should feel at home, just like with the filesystem structure on their
local harddisks...

regards,
david