jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: David's Model: A guide for blissful content modeling
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 08:41:13 GMT
Hi,

thanks for sharing the content model.

from my perspective i think the separate workspaces are not justified:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel#head-ca639e0ee110b80e8277a50f9b9de092b5d86427

... and personally i would not separate "by type" in the hierarchy.
(or at least not at a root level). i would propose a hierarchy in single
workspace that looks roughly like this...

/artists/david/myproject1/folders

/artists/david/myproject1/folders/a-song.txt
/artists/david/myproject1/folders/a-song.mp3

i would probably use the jcr:mimeType property or an extension
of the nt:resource mimetype to tell your resources apart.

regards,
david

On 8/7/07, paksegu <paksegu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   After reviewing "David's Model: A guide for blissful content modeling" what comments
and advice can you offer on this approach?