jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From bilobag <bilo...@hotmail.com>
Subject escape characters in search/query expression
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:59:47 GMT

I see in the JCR spec 6.6.5.2 - it states that {', ", -, \} must be escaped
by a "\".  However when I try to escape a single quote with a backslash, the
query throws an xpath query syntax error.  Is the JCR spec correct or is
there other documentation about what characters need to be escaped?  I am
already using the ISO9075 class to encode any node paths in my query.  It
would be even better if there is already a method that escapes search
strings.  The following is the query that fails.  I am trying to pass the
string "test's" into the contains(), but when i escape the single quote with
a backslash, the query throws a sytax error.

/jcr:root/app_x0020_root//*[@jcr:primaryType = 'cwe:file' and
jcr:contains(jcr:content, 'test\'s')]/(rep:excerpt()) order by @jcr:score
descending