jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alan R <arof+nab...@messagio.com>
Subject RE: like is not working properly
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:08:48 GMT

I have a similar problem, though it's very difficult for me to create a test
case for you.

I'm switching from 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 and from JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager to
MySQLPersistenceManager.  Everything seemed to be going well until one of my
unit tests (which had not failed in over a year) tripped up.  Basically,
everything seems to have been created fine, but a few SQL queries are not
returning values they should be returning.

I wrote my own diagnostic servlet (limited in scope for security reasons) to
test queries (I would love to find a decent 3rd-party query tool that works
with 1.3.1 if you have any advice on the matter).  Below are some queries
and the resulting nodes (including the properties):

Query: SELECT * FROM mm:video WHERE jcr:path LIKE
'/testcopy_account/mm:folder/mm:folder/%'
Results:
-------------------------
Result 1:
NODE: /testcopy_account/mm:folder/mm:folder/mm:video
@mm:modified = 2007-08-27T13:44:53.093+02:00
@mm:duration = 1080
@mm:filenamebase = rat
@mm:visible = true
@mm:id = 5
@mm:smallestmobilefilebytes = 772662
@mm:bytes = 11369550
@jcr:created = 2007-08-27T13:46:24.812+02:00
@mm:flock = false
@jcr:primaryType = mm:video
@mm:externalid = foo_lola
@mm:ready = true

-=======================================-

This query's results are okay.  Notice the properties (especially mm:ready,
which is in the next query):

Query: SELECT * FROM mm:video WHERE jcr:path LIKE
'/testcopy_account/mm:folder/mm:folder/%' AND mm:ready = 'true'

This query returned 0 results.

As a test, I also tried SELECT * FROM mm:video WHERE jcr:path LIKE
'/testcopy_account/mm:folder/%' AND mm:ready = 'true' -- which correctly
returned one result (not the one returned by the first query -- the test
which broke involves copying a video node from one folder into a nested
subfolder, so the test fails when the copy - the node returned by the first
query - is not found).
-Alan