jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From prasantamandal_cse <prasantamandal_...@yahoo.com>
Subject jcr:like is not working properly
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:13:46 GMT

I am trying to do wildcard searches against my repository, but I am
getting odd results from the system.

In my repository, I have one node with an attribute @name which has the
value 'restroom', and all my searches are with XPath.

Now I have found the follwing results:
//*[jcr:like(@name,'%restro%')
Here 'restr0' is a prefix of the original string 'restroom'. It returns 1
result.

I want to find out the record if I supply the query string as
//*[jcr:like(@name,'%stro%')
But it returns 0 result.

According to the jcr:like specification the above query should return 1
result, because 'stro' is a substring
of 'restroom'. % indicates any string of zero or more characters.But the
query returns 0 result.How I may solve the problem?

Please help me.