jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sudhan <s.kan...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with RMI, JBOSS reconnect issues, application session getting null
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:36:07 GMT

Hi,

I have an application which runs on JBoss and connects to Jackrabbit
repository through RMI(We have also deployed jackrabbit - webapp war inside
same instance of JBoss, ie. on local machine). Now my problem starts when I
unplug the network cable and after 5-6 seconds plug it back to the network
my application Session gets destroyed. This is because i am registering
Node_Added and Node_Deleted events by implementing
javax.jcr.observation.EventListener in my application.

I can access the repository through DAVExplorer aswell as our customised
GUI. Now when i create a new node it gets added to the repository and but my
Class which is implementing EventListener interface is not able to  listen
to any of these events.

The likely reason seems to me is that, the session it used before unplugging
is no longer available and thus there are no listeners registered after
unplug. And these behavior does not improve after re-plugging it back.
Meaning the session object is still null and thus cannot listen to any
events registered before.

I am using org.springmodules.jcr.JcrSessionFactory to get my session. Now
can somebody help me in resolving this problem or point me if i am doing
something wrong.

thanks for your support.

Sudhan

Error messages when network is unplugged :

13:07:18,931 ERROR [ClientEventPoll] Problem handling event. Looking for
next one.
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header; nested
exception is:
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:203)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerObservationManager_Stub.getNextEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.observation.ClientEventPoll.run(ClientEventPoll.java:200)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:241)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:189)
        ... 3 more
13:07:18,993 ERROR [STDERR] Exception in thread "Client Event Poller"
13:07:19,009 ERROR [STDERR]
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.RemoteRuntimeException:
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating co
nnection to: 192.168.0.53; nested exception is:
        java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect
13:07:19,009 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientSession.isLive(ClientSession.java:467)
13:07:19,024 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.observation.ClientEventPoll.run(ClientEventPoll.java:197)
13:07:19,024 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectIOException:
Exception creating connection to: 192.168.0.53; nested exception is
:
        java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect
13:07:19,024 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:587)
13:07:19,024 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
13:07:19,040 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
13:07:19,040 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:94)
13:07:19,040 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerSession_Stub.isLive(Unknown Source)
13:07:19,040 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientSession.isLive(ClientSession.java:465)
13:07:19,040 ERROR [STDERR]     ... 1 more
13:07:19,040 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No
route to host: connect
13:07:19,056 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
13:07:19,056 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
13:07:19,056 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
13:07:19,056 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
13:07:19,056 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
13:07:19,071 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
13:07:19,071 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
13:07:19,071 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
13:07:19,071 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:179)
13:07:19,071 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
13:07:19,087 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
13:07:19,087 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:569)
13:07:19,087 ERROR [STDERR]     ... 6 more