jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From quipere <jquip...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit 1.3.1 pathnotfound exception on node.getNode(String path) with "path" retrieved from node
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:35:05 GMT

Hi,

I provided a failing JUnit test and my repository.xml.

Done some further debugging and think the problem is in the synchronization
between cache and transientstore.
When I retrieve a childnode when I just made its parent node transient (by
removing a prop or something), it will not be added to the cache. When I
then remove this node, its nodeid is not removed from cache since its
stateId wasn't saved in the cache.
After that I add the node again with the same path. When I now try the
retrieve this node, I get a path not found exception. I see that by
retrieving it, its nodeit is resolved from the cache by the path. Only since
the removed node was not removed from cache it returns the nodeid of the
removed node. There is no node present with this id in the transientstore
and therefor it throws a pathnotfoundexception.

Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> On 8/17/07, quipere <jquipere@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was indeed using the BundleDBPersistenceManager. I have now tried to
>> switch
>> to the DerbyPersistenceManager. I am not getting the
>> pathnotfoundexception
>> anymore. I now get a NoSuchItemStateException when I try to read a child
>> node ("C") that I have added to node "B". Also with
>> session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToC). In this case I also see the node
>> when using session.getRootNode().getNode(pathToB).getNodes().nextNode().
>> So
>> a problem still exists, it only seems to occur on a node deeper in the
>> hierarchy.
>
> please create a jira issue and include your configuration and a simple
> test case for reproducing the issue.
>
> thanks
> stefan
>

>> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>> getNode
>> >
>> > there's been a similar issue with BundleDbPersistenceManager.
>> > what persistence manager are you using? anyhing special about your
>> config?
>> >
>> > cheers
>> > stefan

>> --

http://www.nabble.com/file/p12294872/TransientStoreOutOfSyncWithCacheTest.java
TransientStoreOutOfSyncWithCacheTest.java
http://www.nabble.com/file/p12294872/repository.xml repository.xml