jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From woolly <p.b...@lbs-ltd.com>
Subject Using JackRabbit for XML Structures
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:39:56 GMT

Hi all,

I'm trying to use JackRabbit to maintain XML documents. The problem is that
these XML documents can get quite large. When I try to import an 8mb
document, it becomes 180mb in the repository (storing it just on the
filesystem), and it takes about 5 minutes to go in.
I'm just using...
session.importXML(node.getPath(), fis,
ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_CREATE_NEW);
...to import the xml, where the node is of type nt:unstructured.

Is there a configuration or method that I should be using in order to let
jackrabbit know that i'm dealing with xml?

Thanks for any help.

Phil.