jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ishai Borovoy <ishaiboro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Versioning
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 04:45:53 GMT

Hi Brian,
We try to think of some way to create variants in our system. the
terminology of variants is little bit difference from versioning in our
case.  The thing is that we need to save some root (basic node), and let
user create from it different variants, but also give them the ability to
name this variant, to update it, and get changes from other variant in some
conditions. what I want to check is if the versioning could be good
option/solution for that, it looks like from what I read so far in the specs
(170 & 283) and from what I read here that we need to force the versioning
for that :,( , so maybe we need to implement it in a different way?

But we never say never so we still check the option... :working: