jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sudhan <s.kan...@gmail.com>
Subject Observation : How to figure out if there was a rename operation on Node
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:00:50 GMT

I have a application, which is exposed to users who can add, delete and
update any of the existing file or folder nodes. I am using custom node
types by extending nt:resouces for adding custom properties.
Also i am implementing javax.jcr.observation.EventListener for listening to
node added or deleted events.

Till now it was fine, because whenever some user performs CRUD
(Create/Update/Delete) operation it will trigger those events. But now when
i want to implement RENAME operation on these, I have some doubts
implementing these feature. Firstly when i rename any of the file node by
performing session.move(), i get two events one for addition and one for
deletion. So my problem is that how am I going to  differentiate between
RENAME operation or CREATE and DELETE operation as individual operation.

Do we some mechanism where i can know that this is just a rename and not add
and delete.