jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From bilobag <bilo...@hotmail.com>
Subject query for child property
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:00:25 GMT

I have the following node structure.  I am having issues running an xpath
query that searches for a cwe:comment property and returns a cwe:file node.
I have read through the forum, but can't figure out if this functionality is
supported in version 1.3.1.

nodetypes:
[cwe:file] > nt:hierarchyNode, mix:referenceable , mix:versionable
	orderable
 -	cwe:filename	(string)		mandatory
 - 	cwe:filesize	(long)
 + 	jcr:content		(nt:resource)	primary mandatory
 + * (cwe:comment) = cwe:comment	ignore multiple

[cwe:comment] > nt:hierarchyNode, mix:referenceable
-	cwe:body 			(string) mandatory
-	cwe:createdUser		(string) mandatory
-	cwe:createdDate		(date) mandatory

query 1:
//element(*,cwe:file)[jcr:contains(jcr:content/@jcr:mimeType,
'application/msword')]/rep:excerpt() order by @jcr:score desc

query 2:
//element(*,cwe:file)[jcr:contains(cwe:comment/@cwe:body,
'banana')]/rep:excerpt() order by @jcr:score desc

results:
Both queries run without any errors.  The first query returns the correct
results, however the second query does not return any results and I know
there is at least 1 matching result.  What is the big difference between
these 2 queries.  I have already re-indexed all nodes to make sure the
indexes were correct.  I understand that searching child properties is
supported in version 1.4, but I don't know when that will be released.
Please let me know what you think.  Thanks.