jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: ObjectPersistenceManager vs SimpleDbPersistenceManager
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:09:46 GMT
Hi Phillip,
Have you tried the new org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.*PersistenceManagers?
e.g. org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager

-----Original Message-----
From: Phillip Rhodes [mailto:spamsucks@rhoderunner.com]
Sent: 07 August 2007 16:51
To: users
Subject: ObjectPersistenceManager vs SimpleDbPersistenceManager

Hello everyone,

I did some debugging for my performance problems with SimpleDbPersistenceManager.
I ran SimpleDbPersistenceManager with jdbclogger and found that Jackrabbit will issue 2+ sql
queries for each node as I iterator through the NodeIterator.  This does not scale well for

I am considering switching my workspace to use the ObjectPersistenceManager .  I understand
it is not reliable as the SimpleDbPersistenceManager, but since I won't be issuing 400+ database
queries, I hope the performance for my application will improve.

Am I risking the entire repository becoming corrupt, or just a few nodes becoming corrupt?
 I don't mind a few nodes becoming corrupt, but if the entire repo can become corrupt if the
repository is killed, I would appreciate knowing this!

Thank you as always.

View raw message