jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Model 2 Deployment Problems
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:24:38 GMT
* Can you post your server config?
* Worth setting up log4j at the app server level to debug out JackRabbit
logging. For Tomcat 5 this is achieved by putting a log4j.xml in
[Tomcat]/common/classes.
* Is anything getting created in the configured "repHomeDir" (the repository
directory)?
Regards,
Shaun

-----Original Message-----
From: qcfireball [mailto:qcfireball@yahoo.com]
Sent: 13 August 2007 20:01
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Model 2 Deployment Problems

I am attempting to do a Model 2 deployment, but when I retrieve the
Repository like this:

        final InitialContext context     = new InitialContext();
        final Context environment = (Context)
context.lookup("java:comp/env");
        final Repository repository  = (Repository)
environment.lookup("jcr/repository");
        return repository;

I get the following error:

SEVERE: jsp: Error retrieving Repository JNDI Object jcr/repository
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceEnvFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceEnvFa
ctory.java:114)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)

I am using Tomcat 6.0.13, Jackrabbit 1.3

I followed the application howto and the model 2 howto, and tomcat starts up
with no errors in the logs.