jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject New workspaces are not clustered with LocalFileSystem
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:27:54 GMT
Hi all,

We’re continuing to tune our fault tolerant JackRabbit environment.

Thus far we have:

·        2 machines

·        Each running Tomcat 5.0.30 with JackRabbit 1.3 as a model 2 shared
resource

·        JackRabbit is configured with MySqlPersistenceManager,
LocalFileSystem and Database Journal

·        Each Tomcat node hosts an web application allowing users to
create/delete/edit JCR nodes. The web application also allows users to
create new workspaces.

The problem we’ve hit is that new workspaces are not clustered. Creating a
new workspace (Workspace2) on node A does not result in a new workspace
being created on node B e.g.

Node A file system:

·        Repository

o   Repository

o   Version

o   Workspaces

§  Workspace1

§  Workspace2

Node B file system:

·        Repository

o   Repository

o   Version

o   Workspaces

§  Workspace1

This is problem for us as new workspaces are being created all the time,
hence they must be automatically clustered.

I’m guessing this problem occurs as the “create workspace” mechanism is
JackRabbit specific and is outside of the JCR spec and event model?

Potential solutions:

·        Move to a DatabaseFileSystem – there are a couple of disadvantages
to this for us. We like to be able to view and amend the files and in
particular we regularly updated the custom_nodetypes.xml with new types as
part of an upgrade process. Presumably the nodes types would be less
accessible within the database.

·        Use a Network File Share for local files – we’re trying to achieve
the simplest solution for fault tolerance therefore we’d rather avoid the
complication of filesystem replication schemes (Linux DRBD etc) or the
expense of SAN solutions.

·        Manually create copy new workspaces – also not really an option as
new workspaces are created all the time

All suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Shaun.