jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Easy way to migrate to externalBlobs?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:07:39 GMT
Hi Bram,
RE "high volume website with a jackrabbit cluster"

So are you planning to use external blobs with a fault tolerant shared file
system to achieve JackRabbit clustering? The 'only' reason we've put blobs
internal to the database is to achieve clustering/fault-tolerance.

Regards,
Shaun

-----Original Message-----
From: Bram de Kruijff [mailto:bramk@gx.nl]
Sent: 01 August 2007 16:46
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: Easy way to migrate to externalBlobs?

> Why are you migrating from internal to external?

At this point because I want to know we can and to be able to compare
performance. Our use-case will be a high volume website with a jackrabbit
cluster underneath. As all static content (mainly images) will be dumped to
disk anyway to be rsynced and served by httpd it would be a way to ease the
load on the db.

regards,
Bram