jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Node corruption using Jackrabbit 1.3.1?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:44:24 GMT
Hi all,

We upgraded to JackRabbit 1.3.1 a few days ago.

We have since seen a couple of occasions where we've been able to get the
repository in an indeterminate state. The following output shows the state
of a node which has an ordered child node property called acme:components
e.g.

[miq:FooBar] > nt:base

               orderable

               + acme:components (acme:Component) multiple COPY

We have an instance of FooBar where acme:components[5] has disappeared??

e.g.

name                           type            node      new       modified

------------------------------ --------------- --------- --------- ---------

acme:components                 acme:Section     true      false     false

acme:components[2]              acme:Text        true      false     false

acme:components[3]              acme:Text        true      false     false

acme:components[4]              acme:Text        true      false     false

acme:components[6]              acme:Section     true      false     false

acme:components[7]              acme:Section     true      false     false

jcr:created                    Date            false     false     false

jcr:primaryType                Name            false     false     false

jcr:uuid                       String          false     false     false

I presume this could happen if the deletion of the child node succeeded by
the saving of the parent FooBar node failed for some reason?

Surely this is a state that should never happen?

Regards,

Shaun