jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Easy way to migrate to externalBlobs?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:17:54 GMT
Out of interest Bram.
Why are you migrating from internal to external?
Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bram de Kruijff [mailto:bramk@gx.nl]
Sent: 01 August 2007 13:36
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Easy way to migrate to externalBlobs?

Hi,

we need to convert a JackRabbit repository using bundle
persistencemanagers to use externalBlobs. I found that simply changing
the boolean in the workspace.xml does not work resulting in IOExceptions
when the files are accessed. Maybe I was too optimistic, but it could be
a feature right?

Fortunalty, using the import/export tool from the contrib section in svn
does the trick (export with externalBlobs=false and import on a fresh
repository with externalBlobs=true), but it takes a lot of time even an
a relatively small repository. Is there an easier way I may have
overlooked?

regards,
Bram

--